Wednesday, July 29, 2009

images of the french countryside













photo by Skylar


Being in beautiful Sarlat was my favorite part of the trip. I loved the fresh air, the rolling hills, amazing views, the ancient town with stone buildings, the surprises the children and I picked, grown on the property we stayed on. We stayed in a villa where hanging the clothes out to dry on a line was the norm. I could tell by the crispness of the sheets we slept on the first night. And there was the huge garden out back filled with lettuce, herbs, currants, and many fruit trees not yet ripe for us to enjoy. Vegetable gardens in this tiny town were the norm, I was happy to see. And yes, everyone recycles too. Not bad for a town dating back to medieval times.

1 comment:

suzanne said...

Oh wow...This is one trip I have to take. I have loved France forever! I would love to get some information on the places you stayed in. I have visited Countries over and over in books and magazines. How I would love to taste the foods and walk the streets. Now I am on a roll...

Have a great day
Warm regards
Suzanne